Police - Employment Opportunities
Applicants should include a City Application for Employment along with their resume. All full time, regular employees are provided a benefit package of paid sick/vacation leave, life, health, vision, and dental insurance, 10 paid holidays and TMRS retirement package.
Applications should be submitted to Personnel Office, City Hall, 710 W. Avenue A, Port Aransas, TX 78373-4128, Phone: (361)749-4111 or faxed to (361)749-4723, emailed to email@example.com. Those applicants tentatively selected will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for that position prior to employment. The City of Port Aransas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services. E.O.E.
|David Parsons||2021||Corporation Manager|
|Coleen Simpon||2021||Corporation Assistant Manager|
|Francisca Nixon||2021||Corporation Secretary|
|Darla Honea||2021||Corporation Treasurer|
Dispatcher / Port Aransas Police Department
Summary: Under general supervision, is responsible for answering 911 emergency calls and assisting citizens in obtaining emergency services. Responsible for performing technical and administrative radio communications involving the deployment of police, fire, and EMS personnel according to request for service and available manpower.
Work involves the operation of telephone equipment and computer terminals in the Police Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Operates in conformance with federal, state, and local laws; and department and city policies and procedures
- Answers the 911 universal emergency telephone number in the Police Department.
- Determines the nature of the emergency enters necessary information into the computer system and routes the data to the Police Dispatchers.
- Routes emergency telephone calls to the proper governmental agency.
- Assists Police Officers in obtaining services.
- Maintains communications with Police Department personnel and provides necessary support to field personnel via police radio, telephone, computer, and MDT’s.
- Determines classification of service request and jurisdiction.
- Deploys field personnel according to need and priority of the request for service.
- Maintains constant status of field units and updates dispatch information utilizing the computer assisted dispatch systems.
- Runs vehicle registration and stolen vehicle checks.
- Runs warrants and missing person checks on subjects.
- Calls complainant and alarm companies back for further information.
- Orders wreckers, wagons, etc. as needed.
- Sets up and coordinates with field units
- Operates computer keyboard and radio console equipment.
- Elicits, remembers, and accurately records vital information using police codes.
- Verifies driver’s license identity or vehicle ownership for patrol officers.
- Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required
For a complete job description, click here Telecommunications Officer (Dispatcher)
To apply please go to www.cityofportaransas.org or come into City Hall.
The City of Port Aransas is EOE
Port Aransas Police Department Lateral Transfers for Patrol
Tired of sitting in traffic all day? Ready for a laid-back island lifestyle? Want to be a part of a community that appreciates and supports what you do? The Port Aransas Police Department is seeking officers with two or more years of patrol experience for immediate hire.
Full time with rotating shifts
$22.97/hr. to $32.32/hr. DOQ + Overtime + Full benefit package
- Lateral service credits (one-year credit for every two years of experience up to fifteen years)
- Overtime, certification, and longevity, pay
- Uniforms + cleaning allowance
- Employee/Family-friendly work environment
- Fully equipped 4x4 Patrol vehicles
- Department provides uniforms, leather gear, on and off duty weapons, (Glock 17, Glock 42, and AR-15), and training and duty ammunition
- Full health care including medical, dental, and vision
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- TMRS retirement with five-year vesting and a 2 to 1 match
- Gym membership reimbursement
For a complete job description, please click here COPA Recruitment Letter rev 2021-09
The City of Port Aransas is EOE