415 S. 9th St.
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday
7 AM – 4 PM
Although there are many facets to the Public Works Dept., we strive to provide the finest, most complete services possible. Our areas of responsibility can be generalized into Six categories; STREETS, DRAINAGE, BEACH, AIRPORT, COLLECTION STATION, and GENERAL SERVICES. These categories are broken down in detail on each corresponding link page.
It is a privilege to have the opportunity to serve the people of Port Aransas and we will continue to provide the high quality of service that the Citizens and visitors to Port Aransas have come to expect and deserve.
- Pothole Repair (Large pavement repairs are contracted out)
- General Manit. and Repair of dirt or caliches streets.
- Repair of cuts made by Contractors are the responsibility of the contractor.
- All Signs including Regulatory and Information i.e.: STOP, Speed Limit, No Parking, Street Name, etc&.
- Signs on SH361, which includes Cut-Off Rd. are controlled by of the State.
- School Zone Lights on Alister and Station St.
- Traffic Light at the corner of Alister and Cotter St.
- Other Traffic Lights at the corners of Alister and Cut-Off, and Cotter and Cut-Off are controlled and maintained by of the State. To report an outage or problem, contact TXDoT at 361-729-2411 or for emergency response call.
- Street Lights which light the streets, sidewalks and such are owned and maintained by AEP, which is the Local Wires Co.
1430 Ross Avenue
Hours of Operation
Monday thru Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. &
1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Closed 12:00 - 1:00)
Sunday 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. &
1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Closed 12:00 - 1:00) (Closed Holidays)
The Citizen Collection Station is a service that the City provides that benefits many citizens in many ways. Brush, Scrap Metal, and Waste Oil are taken for free. The City also allows TWO (2) free drops of Household Garbage per month per Sanitation Customer. All other items go into the Construction Debris box and a fee is charged. The fee is $15 per cubic yard and is determined by the gate attendant.
- ANY EXPLOSIVES OR HAZARDOUS MATERIAL
Free mulch is available at the Collection Station. All manner of plant species are mulched together, so may be harmful to your individual type of landscape. Contact your landscaper to see if the mulch is conducive to your gardening needs.
Must load mulch yourself.