Natural Gas Pipeline Safety
- Pipeline Safety Reauthorization Act of 1988.
- Pipeline Safety Act of 1992.
- Accountable Pipeline Safety and Partnership Act of 1996.
- Pipeline Safety Improvement Act of 2002.
- Pipeline Inspection, Protection, Enforcement, and Safety Act of 2006.
- Pipeline Transportation Safety Improvement Act of 2011.
recently passed by the US Senate on the 17th day of October 2011.
Congress created the Office of Pipeline Safety (OPS) in 1968 to oversee and implement pipeline safety regulations. OPS is housed in the Department of Transportation (DOT) under the Research and Special Programs Administration (RSPA). OPS oversees interstate pipelines while states are responsible for intrastate pipelines. Our state Pipeline regulatory agency is the Railroad Commission of Texas.
2002 - Assessment of the need for an improved inspection program for Master Meter Systems
Master Metered System Rules